Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 9: Two Parks, and Some New Stuff

Coincidentally, perhaps, some of my camping gear seems to be multiplying along with my bike stuff. Although I already have three tents--a big eight person family tent, my trust Eureka Spitfire 2 adult (or one adult + two small kids) tent, and an old three person Kelty tent that is too short for me--I perceived a hole in this tent lineup that needed filling. What if, I pondered, I were to take all three kids on a short, flat, S24O? I don't have a tent for that!

Luckily, REI was there to help me, with a 20% off coupon that applied to their outlet site, and now my fourth tent is fit for four people. We had to give it a test setup... in the living room:



My wife is very patient with me (even if she won't let me hang a bike on the wall above the TV)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tonight after dinner we headed out to the Dublinshire Greenway Park:




And then Hawk's Nest again:



Three miles for the day on my Breezer. There's just something about those fat 26" slicks that I'm enjoying quite a bit lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...