Day 12: Breezes and Breezer

It was a bit of a strange ride today, in that I went by myself, in beautiful (if windy) weather, and didn't stop at a single playground. I putzed around town on the Breezer, covering maybe a dozen miles in a bit less than an hour.

I stopped at Ballantrae Park (no playground!) for a quick bite and a picture:



Earlier today, I had received an offer on the Bontrager Big Earl tires that I have currently on the Breezer. I've had these posted on my for sale site forever, with nary a nibble, so this took me by surprise. At first I demurred, since I am in fact riding those tires almost daily. But then my rule of thumb set in: don't pass up a buyer! I stripped them off the Breezer and boxed them up this evening. If I want to keep riding 26" on the road, I'll get some fatter, more supple tires.

Sam gave me a hand in the shop, showing off his fine muscles:

Ultimately, another rule of thumb took effect: once parts start coming off a bike that I'm dithering on, it's hard to stop:

I think the Breezer is just too small for me... and I kind of feel like I'm on a roll selling stuff.

edit: the Breezer may be a large, not an XL as advertised when I bought it. That would explain the short top tube. I have to confirm how Breezer measures their frames.

edit edit: Breezer confirmed they measure center to top of seat clamp, so it is their 21" size. Guess they just run small.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The For Sale Post

Ways to Build a Surly Cross Check