Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24: Beer Run

In addition to biking every day of the month and blogging every day in April (so far, so good), I also made a quiet pledge of no alcohol and no Coke (my pop of choice, by far) for that time. Well, I'm still doing OK on the Coke, but the alcohol thing has fallen by the wayside. That's for the best, as last week's road trip with my brother involved visiting some bourbon distilleries (more on this in a later post). That trip also made me want to pick up some Kentucky Bourbon Ale, so tonight that boys and I hit the road for the store.

We stopped at a giant golf ball for a quick picture:



A few quick rain showers and we made it to Kroger in fine shape. Strangely, Kentucky law said I couldn't buy this beer right where it was made, so I had to wait until now to get some. But Kroger has a pretty good selection of beer, and I found a four pack in the corner. Now I'm ready to go with my souvenirs:

Though I won't be having these at the same time. The Bourbon Ale is strong enough by itself--8.2% alcohol. As you can probably tell from this disjointed post, I'm having one now!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were a fan of the Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Have you tried the Dragon's Milk from New Holland Brewery? It's pretty tasty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...