Day 26: Buzzed Again

I started off today with an extremely short ride, just ferrying our stuff over to Avery Park for soccer. Henry had a noon game, then Sam at 1:15, so we barely had time for a quick picnic in between:

Sam got to be the first bulldog in his game, he was pretty excited about it:

I spent the afternoon stripping down my Cross Check and converting it back to a fixed gear, and moving those parts over to the Novara Buzz...again. It's now my utility bike... again: 



I like the sloping top tube for my frequent stops, and it just overall feels so good in this role. Better than the CC, I think because the bars are a bit higher.

It's normally spaced for a 120mm rear hub, but I cold set the rear triangle to 132mm or so. A bolt on derailer hanger, zip tied full length cable routing, and I'm ready to roll:

No front derailer as I just manually shift between the 30t (with train) and the 38t (solo rides). Works well enough in practice, so far.

We headed out this evening to Earlington park:

It actually wasn't my first choice, but I got turned around and forgot where Stonefield Park was. We'll have to go back and hit that again, maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The For Sale Post

Ways to Build a Surly Cross Check