Day 19: Buying and Selling Sites

I did a dawn ride through the metro park. Ye Olde Trek meets Ye Olde Truck:


Rather than yet another daily ride report, which can grow as tedious to write as they must be to read, I'm going to discuss what sites I regularly use for buying and selling:



1. MTBR.com classifieds
One of the best things about this site is that they charge $2 to place an ad. It's enough of a barrier to keep out the spamming that you see on Craigslist, so the resulting ads are higher quality. It usually has a good selection for buying and an often knowledgeable base for selling.

2. Craigslist
Occasionally, I get lucky and sell something here. Rarely do I buy anything, since there's so much junk to sort through. However, for things like my vintage Trek, which have a high shipping cost relative to their purchase cost, it can work out OK.

3. Our local club website
We changed web servers about a year ago, and this site still hasn't recovered the traffic of the old site. But it's sometimes a nice way to meet local bikers.

4. ebay
I almost never sell on ebay--too expensive with all of their assorted fees. But it's a good spot to buy, with a good search engine. The link above, by the way, is my daily search of items that currently interest me.

5. iBOB list
This is a Google group I belong to. Mostly road stuff, but it's a congenial group that makes for easy and honest transactions.


Those five are my main tools. I also use the RBW list, pinkbike.com classifieds, and the paceline forums classifieds, but those are all second tier sites for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The For Sale Post

Ways to Build a Surly Cross Check