Tuesday, April 1, 2014

30 Days of Biking and Blogging

The hip thing to do in April for internet savvy cyclers is to pledge to ride every day in April. Biking bloggers take that one step further and vow to blog every day about it. Because, you know, there aren't enough pictures of bikes leaning against walls out there.

I can't make the pledge: I have a road trip scheduled with my brother over a long Easter weekend, and I won't have the hardware to ride or blog during that window. But, I'll do what I can to join in. Here's my picture of a bike against a wall:



I've had no luck selling my Trek 620, so I spent a bit of time in the workshop converting it over to a quickie fixed gear (note that I didn't even change out the crank). The rear wheel is a freehub that buddy Brian welded together, giving me a fixed gear wheel with an easily adjusted chainline:


Tonight's ride was pretty short, just up to Avery park with the kids. A fixed gear with only one brake isn't the best choice for pulling kids, but we made do:

The latest thing the kids like to do at the park is throw the Crocs around. No need for us to bring a ball to play with!


It was a beautiful evening after many weeks of cold:


There were lots of other kids at the playground today, and they all had fun playing "traffic jam" on the slide:

They were having so much fun, my five minute warning stretched into 15. It was too nice to hurry back inside.

That's it. All of about a mile of riding today, but it's enough to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...