Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 4: Against the Wind

Terrifically windy today. Combine that with cool temps, and I wasn't so motivated to get out there. On the other hand, with my nephews visiting, we had five energetic kids in the house. Time to hop on my ever faithful Cross Check and make my exit!



Over spring break, I stripped down my Buzz for sale (hint, hint to my reader(s)), so I transferred those utility parts over to my CC. My initial thought was to ride it this way until the Velo Orange Carmargue arrives in mid-May, but my latest thought is to use the ye olde Trek as the fixed gear (can't sell it either...) and the CC as the kid puller. As always, subject to change... often.

It's not common knowledge, but Surly's Open Bars are bar end shifter compatible:

Wrapping the cables under my bar tape gives me lots of clear real estate on the bar to slide my hands around. I also put a layer of inner tubes under the grip area to beef up that area. So far, I like this setup quite a bit.

Day 4 of the 30 Days Challenge is my distance record so far: approximately 2.5 miles out to the Metro Park wetlands observation tower and back:

After days of rain, definitely some wet lands out there today:

I zipped home with a wonderful tailwind, and day 4 is in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...