Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 22: Comparo Ride, Foiled

I have to work late tonight, so I planned a morning ride before work. At first, I was just going to do a usual run through the metro park. But with the dry weather we've had lately, I thought the small off road loop in the Avery woodlot might be rideable. My plan was to do some back to back laps between the Krampus and the FSR. I rode one bike and ghost rode the other to get there (earning a strange look from a passing cyclist), only to find the trails much too muddy to ride. I walked in, took a picture, and turned around:

Maybe the beginner loop at Alum will be dry enough this weekend for some more head to head action.



Since it was otherwise a great morning for a ride, I grabbed the Buzz when I got home and took it for a quick spin:

I don't know what is about this oversized, straight gauge frame that's been casually welded together by Chinese child labor, but it sure rides nicely. I have some thoughts on my city bike and how that affects the Buzz, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post (I'm rapidly running out of things to write about)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...