Monday, July 1, 2013

The For Sale Post

Updated as of Mar 17, 2024
Price don't include shipping from central Ohio. I'd be happy to get out of the house and meet someone a few hours from Central Ohio to make an exchange in person


Brompton... Metropolis? I'm not sure of the model name. But it has the three speed internal hub with a dyno light, and the rear rack with wheels. I bought this (used) on a whim, but it turns out I don't really have a need for a super compact folding bike. 

$950 OBO


It's overall in great shape, with just some cable rubs here and there.

The pedals are MKS removable:

The seat bag includes a spare tire, tube, and multi tool, I forgot to take pictures of this stuff. This also shows my homemade telescoping seat post. It's great that it gets the seat high enough for me (32" as pictured), but it isn't the most convenient fold (see below)

I added a Litepro 160mm riser bar to get the fit close-ish for 6'3" me:


Comes with the front mounting block for a bag, and the front light is nice Hermmans model with a very clear beam pattern:

Front hub is a cute little SV8 dynohub:

And a rear light of some sort. Both lights have a small capacitor so they will run for a bit when you stop.




This is the compact fold mode:

But using the compact fold exposes the weakness in my homemade telescoping post--the shim pops loose, the upper clamp pops out, and the lower post can fall out if you're not careful. It's much easier to leave the upper seat post locked in place, if that works for your fold:

Or just use the standard post shown below if you're under 6' or so. That folds up much more cleanly. The previous owner said it was titanium, but it's hard to tell since it's been painted black. I'll also include a spare set of tires, a small front bag, and the original mid rise bar:




11 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Pretty good price on the SIR. Any thoughts on how much you'd ship to Canada for ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      Best just to contact me directly using the form on the blog. In my experience, IF I can fit it in a USPS approved box (less than 108"), it would be about $80. If not, and I have to use Fedex, maybe two or three times that.

      Delete
  2. Hi Eric, I'm interested in the Carbon MTB frame and fork. I email through Craigslist.
    Thanks
    Garry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God that p29 is an xl or I'd have to find a divorce lawyer. LOL. Good luck, that's a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you a note through IBOB but if the Pardner is still for sale I'd like to buy it. I'm in Indianapolis and would drive to get it if you are in Ohio. I noticed you were at Mid Ohio. I almost went. I love Indycar and bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put a ton of trail miles on a Technium, with a super light elastomer Manitou fork, Deore XT and other trick lightwieght components of the day... it was so nimble, and easy to pull air over obstacles, What a great bike memories....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be watching for that Riff to show up here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Eric, I'm interested in buying your Soma Wolverine V3 (frame and fork only). But I've got a specific idea in mind for the build (this would be my first from the frame up), and I wonder if I could run it by you first.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm interested in the Soma Wolverine if it's still available. Live in UA so pickup would be a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I saw your Craigslist ad for the cannondale rush and sent you an email. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...