Avery and Woods of Brighton Park

#3 Avery Park is another of our "home" parks (along with Westbury), since it's very close to our house. Of course, we've been there several times this summer, and I did mention it back here, but this evening I brought the camera so it became all official like.

There's a small trail in the woodlot at Avery Park where Henry is learning to mountain bike:

I've also been known to do a bit of comparo riding here. And there's a bunch of sports fields and stuff. Yawn... but our main attraction is the playground:



The kids are making more use of the older area this year:

The "spider's nest" makes a good monster base when we play the Monster Game.

They don't spend much time at the kiddie side anymore:

But they do still love to bounce and spin:


Avery is also home to one of Dublin's public art projects, "Out of Bounds." Basically, a half dozen or so oversized soccer ball sculptures. "Do Not Climb on Sculptures" the signs say... yeah, right, say years of wear on the metal:

While cousin Marli, Jodi and the twins headed home, Henry and I headed out to the #53 Woods of Brighton Park. This is one park I couldn't find on one of our earlier trips--I'd passed it by, thinking it was just a tennis courts for the nearby apartments. Turns out it was just a tennis court, but that was the park. Happily and coincidentally, Henry has been bugging me to play tennis:

I think there's some work to do before I can hope to retire on Henry's tennis endorsement deals.

It was moving on towards dusk, so Henry and I beat a path for the grocery store and home. Crossing Highway Hill, we spotted this cool skeleton:

Possum? What do you think?

Two down, three to go. Will we finish it up this weekend? Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The For Sale Post

Ways to Build a Surly Cross Check