Saturday, July 6, 2013

Shier-Rings Park, Trinity Park, and Brighton Commons Park

As I noted in my immediately previous post, it's been quite wet around here lately. After dinner this evening, I headed out to the garage with no real agenda except to clean things up a bit. While I was hosing off my Blackbuck, the kids came out and played in the spray from the hose. Since they were already a bit damp, I figured we might as well head out for a playground. Usually, the slides are wet for a few hours after a rain, but that shouldn't matter much on a warm evening like this.

Our first stop was #45 Shier-Rings Park. This is another--boring!--park without a playground. But we had to check it off. I didn't even get the twins out of the trailer:

This little park did have some nice bridges over water, which might prove relaxing if you didn't have three kids with you:

We continued south along Emerald Parkway. We came across this interesting stretch of bike path where nature was fighting back:

This path is only 6 or 7 years old, so maybe they just laid the asphalt down too thin. Anyway, we missed #54 Woods of Brighton Park, but came then to #49 Trinity Park. Perhaps Trinity refers to the three play structures:

Or maybe the developer was just a "Matrix" fan. Not much interesting here, but right across the street was #9 Brighton Commons Park. It's accessed by this nice looking bridge:

And has a rather peaceful little orchard:

The play structure is not so interesting:

But that hardly matters, because, what's this?

They have a fair sized wading pool. So wade we did:

And maybe a few more things:

With the kids already soaked, they didn't have to do much to convince me to stop at the #5 Ballantrae Spray Park again on the way home.

I think my Burley trailer stopped being waterproof years ago, but that hardly matters when the water is coming from the inside:

Then it was time to hit the road for home:


Three down, 24 to go.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Congratulations on your website!
    Brighton deserves this type of information! You can visit our website B4Bguide.com for further information about parks, events, food and drinks, tours, foreigners and international students!
    Sarah @<a href=" http://www.b4bguide.com/sports/parks-outdoor” Parks in Brighton</a>
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, I think we're discussing a different Brighton here--several thousand miles apart.

      Delete

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...