Spare Parts Build

I've had my Cross Check and various other parts halfheartedly for sale for a bit now. That is, up until a few days ago, when I was browsing this thread over on mtbr.com and saw this CC build, courtesy of fellow CC owner phsycle:


I just love the looks of a flat bar CC, and I immediately had to get me one. Good thing I had a garage full of parts with everything on hand for this:



(yes, physcle's photography is far superior to mine)

I pulled my CC frameset off the for sale hook, re-installed the headset, bottom bracket, etc, and also removed my sale ads for these wheels and tires:


Despite their knobs, these Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires absolutely fly on pavement. I think it's due to their Evo casing: the tires feel like a big, wet noodle when they're not mounted up. With these tires, the CC subjectively feels as fast as ye Olde Trek. I wonder how it would do with the new Compass Barlow Pass tires?

Simple, clean cockpit:

I'm hesitant to even put a bottle cage on this build, I like the clean lines so much.



7/3 update: I took the CC on a back to back spin with the Trek (and the Breezer), and I still definitely prefer the Trek in both its handling and its pedaling manners. The CC was pretty good, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The For Sale Post

Ways to Build a Surly Cross Check