Sunday, July 27, 2014

Night Rider's Lament

OK, so there's really not much "lamenting" in this post, but it was a title of an old Garth Brooks song that has stuck with me...

Friday, the local metro park had a night ride. After a cookout at the neighbor's, I loaded up all three kids to head out. Strangely, Henry didn't want to ride his own bike... I think he was a little nervous about riding at night. So for the first time in a long while, I was pulling all three kids:



The twins barely fit in the trailer at the same time these days:

We found some blackberries to pick along the side of the trail. I picked, the kids ate:

The night ride started at the far end of the park, so we had a bit of time to kill after riding up there. That meant it was playground time:

Henry tried the firepole for the first time and quickly mastered it:

I'm getting my setup on the Camargue dialed in: the Open Bars are working well, especially with some new grips to break up the blackness:

I've also installed my VO front rack and a generator light:

My current light location will interfere with a pannier bag, so I need to make a new bracket for it... one of these days.

At 8:30, we set out. Most of our ride was just in the dusk, not the actual darkness:

I guess that's the only thing I "lament": at the south end of the park, where everyone turned around to head back in the growing darkness, we split off to head for home. It was already past bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...