Saturday, May 20, 2017

Lunch Run, Rockhopper Update

Last Sunday, the boys and I biked to lunch before heading to Kate's lacrosse game. I told Henry if he could ride into town (~6 miles), we could eat Moe's, his favorite fast/casual spot.

Henry was on his trusty Trek, all bagged up:



while I was on my Rockhopper, pulling Sam on the trail-a-bike:

I'm quite pleased with my new front Wald basket and bag combo:

We stopped at a playground along the way so the boys could get their fix:



Surf's up:

Then on to lunch:

We stopped at Coffman park to work off some lunch:



and then it was on to watch Kate's team emerge victorious on the lacrosse fields. Again:

It was a hot day, so the boys built a little sun shelter:

After two hours of lacrosse, it was time to head for home. Uphill, and into the wind. The boys (at least Henry) are learning about the costs of biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...