Friday, December 28, 2018

Trek 830 to Glacier Ridge

I made a few quick fixes to my recently acquired '95 Trek 830 (swapped seat, adjusted brakes and controls, pointed the bar ends a bit more earthward), and the twins and I ran over to the school and metro park to try out our new toys. I had my bike:

and Sam had his new football rocket thing, a bonus reward for selling lot of pricey boy scout popcorn:


As a side note, Sam was actually the #1 salesman of Pack 299, selling $1180 of the stuff:

If cub scouts was nothing but selling popcorn and camping, Sam would be A-OK with that.

Back to Glacier Ridge: Kate came along as well:

Don't tell Sam, but she was better at launching the football:

Then we headed across the street to the metro park. The kids played on the climbing structures, and then we tried some of the workout areas, with the giant tire roll:

Possibly these tires are more supple than what's on the Trek now. I'll be replacing those with some Big Apples, adding fenders, and making it into my bad weather beater. With a drop bar, for some reason, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...