Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independence Day Parade

We got home from our trip a day early, which gave us time to finally see Dublin's Fourth of July day parade. After living in Dublin for over a dozen years, this is the first time we've been able to make it to the parade:

The kids were ready to get candy, although we didn't plan well and had to scramble to find bags or things to hold candy:


 

This is Kate's dance studio:

Her favorite float though, no surprise, was the Frozen float:

Parade bikes. Maybe the kids will ride in this someday.... I could use the quad train:

Lots if interesting cars (and some questionable ones), but I liked this Thing:

This boy across from us chanted, "USA! USA! USA!" for the whole parade:

Post parade, we hopped on our bikes and escaped the crush of traffic to have a picnic lunch in Coffman Park. Of course, the kids then had to play. Kate found a friend on the swings, and they chatted freely as they swung:


I was riding my new Velo Orange Camargue (details soon), which worked fine pulling my bike train:

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike: my $100* Jones LWB**! (2012 Specialized Expedition)

 * The frame was $100 on ebay. I probably could have found a complete bike locally for not much more if I wanted to be patient, but this cam...